Monday, June 30, 2008

A Sceptre

A Sceptre shall rise out of Israel.
Numbers 24:17
There is a view of Jeses which men are slow to see, but some day all the world shall know that "A Sceptre" shall rise out of Israel, and evil will be destroyed before His righteousness more swiftly than ice must melt before the glowing sun. It is in the very nature of things that sin must be consumed before His glorious holiness. Can it be other than the love of sin that blinds the eyes of men to His consuming righteousness? "Search me, O God, and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts, and see if there be any wicked way in me and lead me in the way everlasting." Amen.

I am often apprehensive to ask God to search my heart because of the sin that lives there. It's comforting to know that the Lord has authority over all my sin and by His power I can overcome it.

No comments: