Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Going...Going...Gone



It's with sadness, joy and relief that I write these words:
We sold our house

Why sadness? This is the first place we really called home; this is where we brought our babies home; this is the place where we invested all of our "sweat equity"; this is the place that welcomed us each time we came home for the last 6 years. And I love it. I love the new green paint, the paver stone driveway, the wrap-around porch, the fabulous pantry, the chalkboard wall in Jack's room, the ample attic storage, our new low maintenance deck (this one made me consider not selling the house), the white millwork (a small detail taken for granted until you realize how hard it is to find), the dormer windows...sigh.

Why joy? We get to find a new home that fits our family a little better - all bedrooms on one level, a family room big enough for 3 kids, a kitchen where we can all eat together.

Why relief? No more showings! Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I had it really easy - we only showed the house a handful of times - but when you're trying to round up three young children, pick up toys, take out the garbage, work in a feeding, make sure you have plenty of diapers before leaving the house and, oh yeah, figure out where to go for an hour with these three young children, one showing feels like ten.

One final look:

4 comments:

sean said...

I'm having seller's remorse this morning. Like Beckie said this was our first "home." I have so many fantastic memories. However, with the ease of the sale I am reassured that we are doing God's will and He will provide a new home to better suit our growing family.

If I focus on the couple who bought the house from us (It's their first home.) and how excited they must be it makes me smile because I remember that feeling 6 years ago. I know the house won't dissappoint them.

Rebecca, I hope that you can soon post regarding how we found a new house!

sean said...

Oh yea! For those of you that didn't know, we decided to sell our house. It all happened pretty fast. We decided to go ahead with it right before Elise was born and we had it listed by the end of January. It was on the market for about 5 days.

rjkleinsasser said...

Congrats you guys...I'm so excited to see and hear about your new house! I didn't know you painted your house green...it looks great! When will you be moving? Hope you are doing well!

sean said...

We will be moving in March and then again in May. Hopefully Rebecca will have time this week to post more details. Basically, we will be closing on our new house 6 weeks after we move out of our current home.