Thursday, August 28, 2008

What's in a name?

In an effort to find the perfect name for our little girl - and by perfect I mean unique, traditional, but slightly trendy and common, but not too common - I have experimented with drawing inspiration from the "Baby Name Inventor" on babyzone.com. Below are a few of my favorites:

Nindenda: if Sean was a bigger Super Mario fan, I think he'd be pushing for this one; all it takes is two letter changes to get Nintendo (maybe that's the male version).

Tyanannan: reminds me of an enormous flying dinosaur; not exactly the image I want associated with my daughter.

Rexatan: sounds like the prescription I'll be picking up for the next case of "bug bites" my kids come down with.

Dec: let's hope she's not more than two days late.

Garage: really?

Lynelamar: I think this may be a monkey-like animal only found in the Outback...g'day mate.

Zeseerch: maybe if I was Freud...or Sherlock Holmes...

Hanaure
Manar: these two appeared together and all I saw was "manure"...again, no.

Resicola: I have visions of German men in Lederhosen blowing into long horns on a commercial for Pepsi.

So far nothing has met the aforementioned criteria so I guess we'll keep looking.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm really getting used to Jillian Buttercup.

But I think you should change the Buttercup to Buttercream. Doesn't that sound delicious?

Jillian Buttercream...

Lisa Webster said...

claire is my mom's middle name. i think it's a good name. what does sean think?

Beckie said...

Sean isn't a big fan of Eva. I won't take it off the table, but it would take a lot of convincing.

Sarah said...

Okay, I've come equipped with real suggestions this time:

Adrianna

Lucia

Celia

Cherise

Marisa

Beckie said...

Celia is actually on my "long list." I also like Adrianna.