Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lessons

Like many mothers out there in blog world, I follow MckMama's blog pretty closely. I followed Stellan's story in utero and tearfully rejoiced when he was born and, seemingly, completely healed. Last Monday, I went to check the "Not Me Monday" post and found something a little less light-hearted. Go to My Charming Kids for all the details.

I've been upset about the situation all week and couldn't figure out why I was all worked up about someone else's baby. I don't know this woman and, while I like to think I am sensitive to what other people are going through, I know I'm not that empathetic. After hours of introspection I have learned two things:

  1. I have never been tested regarding my children and I don't ever want to be because I don't know if my faith is strong enough to endure such a trial. I am inspired by MckMama's peace and ability to completely trust God in her situation.
  2. I do not have the right attitude about my children, specifically the privilege I have to spend so much time with them.

There are changes ahead for me...

No comments: