Monday, July 20, 2009

We Could Have Named Her Snake...Eater

Elise outgrew the baby bath (imagine that) so she graduated to the big tub and since she's a good sitter, she gets to bathe with her brothers sometimes. Hmm...is "gets" the right word? So far they have been relatively calm when she's in the tub. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that they each have about 2 square feet of bathtub in which they can move around. Our toys still seem to be predominantly masculine, but Elise doesn't really care what she puts in her mouth plays with so we haven't invested in girl toys, hence the snake she's devouring.




Rub-a-dub-dub, three babes in a tub

This towel was originally gifted to Wesley, but Elise pulls off a ladybug so well that we usually wrap her in it after the bath instead of Wesley.



In other news (assuming bath time happenings are actually news)... We planted Stargazer lilies in our garden and they are finally blooming. The orange variety (very scientific and Latin, huh?) bloomed about two weeks before mine and I was second guessing the Stargazers and contemplating adding the orange ones in the future. Once this one bloomed though, I decided it was worth the wait.


And in further news (again assuming blooming lilies are newsworthy)... Our nieces were in town from Colorado for a couple weeks. They stayed with Sean's parents, but visited us both Tuesdays they were here. They were troopers on those mornings when they were forced out of bed too early to think and made to endure the antics of three active children all before - gasp - 8 am. Here are all 5 of the cousins:

4 comments:

The Greene's said...

#1 - The bathtub pics are great and will be good fodder to tease the kids with when they begin dating :)
#2 - I'm so jealous of your lilies! Their my favorite and yours are beautiful.
#3 - Holy Cow!!!! I can't believe the girls in the picture are Ryan (sp?) and Zoe (again, sp?), they are so grown up!

The Greene's said...

Umm, hi...grammer much? Please pretend you are reading "They're" instead of "Their" where I am writing about your lilies.

Lisa Webster said...

I love the bathtub pics too! Of course that's news!

I love the lillies! I've been enjoying my yellow ones this week and last! The stargazers are very pretty!

I didn't know your nieces lived in Colorado. When did that happen? I wouldn't have recognized them! Fun to have all of the cousins together!

Lorie Crandall said...

such cute pictures!!