Thursday, August 6, 2009

He's Kind of a Heavy Sleeper

Jack didn't have a nap today. So he fell asleep in the car on the way home from my dad's birthday celebration. After repeated attempts, I finally roused him enough so that he could slide out of his booster seat...he nearly flopped onto the center console (right in front of his seat). He walked over to the car door (he sits in the middle) and promptly fell asleep with his head on my shoulder. I was holding Elise as well so I only picked him up enough to get him on the ground. While holding my hand (I was kind of afraid to let go) he stumbled backward, which must of woken him up enough to realize that he just needed to get inside. He made a bee line for the door, opened it up, took off his shoes and crawled up onto the bench to go to sleep. Seeing as I had two other children to get in to bed, I let him stay there until I was ready to deal with him.


2 comments:

sean said...

I tried sleeping there last night after mowing the lawn and it didn't work out as well for me.

Beckie said...

Well, you didn't have your blankie. That might have helped.