Sunday, May 8, 2011

Travelin' Thru

This mother's day I've been very focused on the "journey" of motherhood and am incredibly thankful for all the women God has put in my life as friends and mentors to help me along this adventure. As I reflect back on what I thought motherhood was going to be and what it actually is, I am brought back to the William Faulkner quote in my blog header. The task God has set before me requires tiny footprints set upon my children's hearts; footprints that create a foundation of faith and trust in God that can serve them in their walks with Christ. No, motherhood is not the "monuments" I received after 12+ hours of labor, but the  footprints I leave as I continue to grow and nurture the three incredible gifts God has blessed me with.

Photobucket

1 comment:

The Greene's said...

Great post and great picture! You are a WONDERFUL mommy :)

Love You!