Friday, January 27, 2012

Five Question Friday

I'm back with Five Question Friday because, well, I can't seem to post anything else. It's not because I don't want to. Or even that I'm all out of ideas. It's just that, well, I don't like to put up a blog post without a picture and I'm REALLY slow at editing photos because I've only watched one tutorial on my new Lightroom software and it was on importing photos. Not really helpful with the whole editing part. Anyway, for now I'll just join Mama M in her blog hop. Hopefully you will too.








1. Do you swim in the winter?

In the frozen lakes? Um...no. Though I guess I don't really swim in the lakes when they're not frozen either.

2. Do you love or hate winter?

I tolerate winter. I like it before Christmas and until about mid-January then I'm just ready to be done with the snow and cold. Despite our lack of a white Christmas, I'm really really enjoying this winter and hoping this balmy weather continues for a few more months.

3. Do you put makeup/actual clothes on when you know you're going to be home all day with just family?

Most days I do. It puts me in the right frame of mind and is a signal to my body that I actually need to be productive, not just sit around on the couch all day.

4. How old were you when you had your first alcoholic beverage?

Not 21. Shame on me.

5. How many ill calls in a 12 month period do you think are acceptable?

Depends on which 12 months it is. Some years are better than others. As an employee of a company with an "unlimited" sick day policy, I really appreciate the flexibility to take sick days when I need them. I think an employee's accountability is to their quality of work, not the number of hours he/she is in the office.








1 comment:

chad and tricia said...

have you tried the app, instagram? for the iphone? i think it is free. takes a persons not so great iphone pics and then you add a filter real quick and bam. you can put it on your blog, or wherever. fast and easy. it is actually what all my pics on our blog are usually because i never take our big camera out. :)