Monday, April 21, 2008

The Rock of Israel

But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel. Genesis 49:24

"Oh Stone of Israel, chief Cornerstone, rejected by the builders, Stone of Stumbling, Rock of Offense, Foundation Stone, on which alone we build aught that shall stand, make me a polished, living stone; built in with other stones; perchance a pillar to go out no more, but always a part of Thy temple, for Thine own indwelling. Thrice Holy Lord, self-offered for my peace, through death that I might live, through fire that I might become indestructible; consumed that I might feed on Thee in holiest communion - enlighten me today till I perceive Thy peace that passeth understanding. Amen."

What part of God's church are we supposed to be? He has gifted all of us and He desires for us to use those gifts to further His kingdom. In this way, we make up God's church with our faith in Christ as the unifying element.

No comments: