Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fielding

If you've ever been around a 3-year-old for more than 8 seconds you know how many questions they ask as well as how many things they don't know about that they do want to know about. We, like many parents, try to answer as many questions as possible as completely as possible. However, there are some things we just don't know (I'm sure when my children are old enough to read this that I'll regret admitting that). Case in point...


While running our errands today the following conversation took place:


Jack: Mommy, we've lived in our house for five years.


Mommy: No, honey, we've only lived there 4 months. We lived in our old house for five years. [realizing that this wasn't a completely true statement, I clarified] Well...Daddy and I lived there for 5 years. [dumb, dumb dumb]


Jack: Where was I?


Mommy: Um...Well...You were...Uh...I don't know. [I had to tell him something] Only God knows where you were.


Jack: I bet I was at Grandma and Grandpa's house.



No comments: