Friday, November 14, 2014

Thankful November {day 14}

I'll bet you thought I forgot to be thankful. Nope. Just got busy. On {day 4} I was so proud of myself for being only one day behind (that's like being on time for me). Now I'm ten days behind (ten days?!) but I refuse to hang my head in shame for three reasons:
  1. One of my goals for doing "Thankful November" posts was to encourage me to think about all of the things I have to be thankful for each day. And I have been!
  2. Another goal for "Thankful November" was to encourage me to get my camera out more often. And guess what? I've done that too!
  3. Finally, and probably most importantly, the reason I'm behind on this is because my life is full. It's full of family and friends and community that God has given me to love and I've been busy doing that. And that's a good reason to be behind.
So on to {day 14}...

This little girl here was my earliest to get teeth and, consequently, is also the earliest in losing them {beating her older brother in the tooth-loss department by one now}. The first two she lost were on the bottom and barely noticeable when she smiled. But last night her Grandpa {because her parents are wimps when it comes to teeth} pulled out one of the wiggly ones on top and all of the sudden she became eight...or nine...or ten...or some other unimaginable age far off in the distant future {she's really only five}. But I digress...

She was so brave when it was being pulled. Other children {who shall remain nameless} have faced teeth pulling with whimpering, tantrums and fun games of hide-and-go-seek. Not Elise. She was actually giddy. No fear, no tears. Just an adorable "gapped" smile when it was all over. So today I am thankful for the bravery and determination Elise faces life with. Whether it be riding a bike, crossing the monkey bars or losing a tooth, she is not afraid to face the risks because her eyes are on the reward.


 photo DSC_0768_zpsadf98c86.jpg

No comments: