Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Thankful November {day 4}

Last winter our kids tracked enough sand into the back entry that we could have made our own beach. One day, less than 24 hours after sweeping the entire entry, I swept up this dustpan full of dirt. Yes, it took less than 24 hours to create all of this. Every other time I'd done this, I finished feeling frustrated at the futility of my effort. But this time the Lord reminded me that my sin is like the dirt in my entry - it appears every day. And every day I am saved by His gracious "sweeping up" of my sin. 

 photo DSC_0013_zpsf5d02a99.jpg

As winter approaches, and with it the salt and sand that will inevitably make its way into our house, I anticipate many more dustpans to fill and empty. But this year the filling and emptying will be done with a deep gratitude for God's never ending grace and mercy. So today I am thankful for this dustpan full of dirt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a great metaphor. I love it. Sorry and sweet.