Friday, January 25, 2013

Of Mice and Men Moms

family tidbit #1
We often get asked if we have any pets. Much to our children's dismay, we always answer, "No!" And we intend to keep it that way for a very long time. However, sometimes our kids latch on to the idea of a pet and are reluctant to give it up for quite some time.
 
family tidbit #2
And some children {cough, cough...Wes...cough, cough}, are going through a stage where every conversation is an argument that ends with the child concluding that the parent is wrong.
 
family tidbit #3
We save a lot of junk - sheets of cardboard, boxes of all shapes, sizes and material, plastic containers, etc. This is all done in the name of "recycling." I have given up saying no because I'd rather dispense of it once the kids have lost interest than argue with them. I'm learning to pick my battles.
 
the scene
This morning Wesley was walking around with a toilet paper tube and, before I could get my hands on it, informed me that he was saving the tube for the mouse he was going to get as a pet:
 
act 1
Mom: Wes, we're not having a mouse in the house.
Wes: Yes, we are (see #2 above)
Mom: Wes, who is in charge of this house?
Wes: You are. But I'll be in charge of the mouse.
 
 

 photo DSC_0944_zps4f00596f.jpg

No comments: