Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Superman

After the hustle and bustle of the birthday and holiday seasons, I occasionally have time to post a few pictures and write a few words. This year I'm not sure I'll keep up any better than last year, but I'm finding ways to prioritize what's important and I'm hoping blogging makes the list. So if this birthday post is the only one that goes up on the blog this year, please know it's not because I love Wesley more than any of the others, it's because I am spending my time in the role God has blessed me with as wife and mother (and because Wesley's comes first in birthday season).
 
Two VERY short months ago, Wesley turned 5. He celebrated by

Photobucket
 
posing for pictures (okay, that wasn't really part of his celebrating),

Photobucket

opening cards,

Photobucket

counting his birthday money,

Photobucket

listening to his brother pass along birthday greetings,

Photobucket

opening presents,

Photobucket

showing them off (along with his excitement),

Photobucket

eating cake,

Photobucket

aaaaaannnnd...posing for more pictures than he would have liked.

Photobucket

We did eventually let him eat the cake and not just hold it up for us to take pictures.
 
In the past year, Wesley has shown us that God has gifted him with a servant's heart. He loves to be a helper and we are so grateful for him and his helpful attitude during the busy days that are so frequent in our household. He is FULL of energy, loves to laugh, is learning to read, is shy in new situations, thinks he's superman (I mean, he really* thinks he's superman), is his sister's best friend and the baby's biggest fan.
 
Happy birthday, sweet Wes. We love you very much.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We love you too, Wes!