Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Small Wonders


I sometimes forget how much my children have to learn and experience before I send them off into the world on their own. A few weeks ago we visited a park near our house that has a fountain in it (it's really the main attraction). Each time we drive by in the summer Jack says, "The fountain is working today," and each time we drive by in the winter Jack says "The fountain isn't working today." Same conversation on average three times each week. I digress. There were some pretty peonies blooming and since I can still make Wesley do basically whatever I want him to, I thought I'd take some pictures of him by the flowers. Now I'm not naive enough to think that he was just going to sit there, smile and not touch the flowers. I just didn't think that he would want to devour the flowers the second I set him on the bench. I managed to get a couple good pictures, but more importantly, realized in the process that the smallest things (peonies blooming in the spring) are brand new and amazing to my little guys.

1 comment:

Lisa Webster said...

May they always find wonder in our crazy world!