Friday, April 22, 2011

Five Question Friday

Play along here.




1. What is your favorite Easter tradition?

Not the bunny. Before we had kids I really looked forward to going to a Good Friday service. It's a little more difficult to do that not that we have kids with us. We still go, but I can't reflect on the service like I used to before we had three little "distractions." At home, we are creating new traditions with our children, including a daily devotion using the resurrection eggs that have become so popular. We are always looking for new ideas to make Easter meaningful to our family, though, so if you have ideas, I'd love to hear them.


2. Are you a "shower" or a "long, hot bath" kind of person?

I choose long hot shower. Baths get cold too quickly. The longer I'm in the shower, the hotter the water has to be.

3. Can you parallel park and if so when is the last time you did it?

I used to be a master parallel parker because I did it nearly every day in high school. Now? I'd probably still be pretty good at it in a car. But I don't usually drive a car; I drive a beast. And since I have a hard time with that in a parking lot, my guess is I'd earn a parallel parking "fail" if the need ever arose. 
 4. What is your favorite Easter candy?

Does chocolate count? It's not just for Easter. Chocolate in pastel wrappers seems to be, though...

5. Easter: do you go all out with the Easter Bunny or focus on the religious part of the holiday?

See question 1. No Easter bunny in our house. The kids do get baskets (mostly because I like to buy things for our kids), but they know they're from mom and dad.

No comments: