Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Next Day and The Day Before

After our "moderately strenuous" hike we were ready for a relaxing day.

Maybe not quite this relaxed...but close.
 Photobucket

So we hit the beach. Poipu on the south side of the island. It was perfect for monk-seal-spotting, people-studying and fish-watching (the kind that doesn't require putting your face in the ocean).


Photobucket

And it was great for snorkeling. All of us went snorkeling eventually. Some of us were more enthusiastic about it than others.

Photobucket

By some of us I mean Brian and Sarah. They convinced Sean to don the gear,
 Photobucket

get in,
 Photobucket

and eventually put his face in. (He didn't actually need that much convincing).
 Photobucket

Then he was done.

 Photobucket

Looks like he had fun.

 Photobucket

And once Brian was done, it was my turn...eek!

 Photobucket

It felt like I was out there for hours. I'm sure it was minutes (if not seconds). But I had enough. The ocean? Just not my thing.

Photobucket

A full morning on the beach in the sun left us hungry and ready for some shade. After lunch we drove up the road a bit to see Spouting Horn.

 Photobucket

It's a hole in the lava shelf that sprays water up into the air when the waves crash.

Photobucket

I wonder how many millions of other people have this exact same picture.
 Photobucket

I'm not sure who Janelle and Erik are, but I think they're in love. This tree was full of grafittied leaves. And spider webs. Pretty...in a destructive creepy-crawly sort of way.'
 Photobucket

Last was dinner at Wahooo. Yep, all 3 "O"s are supposed to be there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Let's eat dinner there tonight!

The Greene's said...

I'm ever so glad you waited until all the snow was melted in my yard to share these pictures. Otherwise, there would have been weeping and gnashing of teeth...

Don't get me wrong - I'm still super jealous :)