Thursday, July 15, 2010

Don't Worry, Bobby McFerrin, No Fish Were Harmed in the Making of This Blog

My dad has a strange sense of humor (sorry, Dad, but you do) and when Billy Bass came out a decade ago he was one of the first to claim ownership of one of the singing sensations. He is also the proud owner of a singing "Caddy Shack" gopher. They are both proudly displayed at the cabin and some of the kids' favorite toys up there. I'm sure Elise was captivated by them more than once last summer, but given that she likely has no recollection of that time in her life (you know, because she was a baby) Billy Bass was brand new to her this year. The series of pictures below chronicles her first "Billy Bass" encounter.

She innocently sits on Daddy's lap listening to the island-inspired music of Bobby McFerrin, probably swinging her head back and forth with a big grin on her face as she often does when she hears music. "Look mom," she's thinking, "this fish sings!"


"What's this? The tail moves!"




"And the head! Hey, I can put my finger in there."


"Ouch! This isn't as cool as I once thought."


"Daddy, did you see what that fish did to me?"


"Ooh, I know how to take care of that fish."


"Let me just get this hammer, here."


"Bite me again, Billy. I dare you."




No comments: