Sunday, July 11, 2010

First Days of Summer

Oh how we love summer at our house. It means warm summer nights with windows open and cool breezes coming in. (Hmm...for some reason I feel like belting out a little "Summer Nights" Olivia Netwon John style. Probably because I've been watching too much Glee lately and I'm beginning to think it's perfectly normal to burst out in song. But I digress). It also means endless hours outside playing in the water. We took advantage of one of the warm days in May (yep - still posting pictures from May) and stepped outside with the hose and the sprinkler.

Jack and Wes insisted on wearing their "fire man" boots. I guess they didn't want to get their feet wet.


Whenever we have the sprinkler out, the boys have to see how many vehicles they can get through the "car wash."




Elise spent the afternoon putting out fires, preferring to be behind the hose instead of in front of it.


She was more than willing to get in the water on her terms. She just couldn't be rushed.


Given that this was her first time playing in the water, I reserved the pool for Elise only. Wes was none too happy about that.


Though he did cheer up a bit when I let him refill the pool for Elise.


Once out of the pool, Elise wanted only to splash in...


and drink the water.


All while "smiling" for the camera.

2 comments:

The Greene's said...

Cute! That's the one thing I love about summer as well - hours of water fun outside!

And, by the way, it is perfectly normal to burst into song...

Sarah said...

I love the pic of Wes standing dejectedly by the little pool!